Dear Sir or Madam,
we would like to invite you to co-create the thematic issue 3/2021 of “Bibliotekarz Podlaski” entitled:
Polish prose fiction of the 20th and 21st centuries
The lead editor is: dr Mariusz Leś (University of Białystok).
Deadline for submitting texts: 30 June 2021.
The celebrations of the Year of Stanisław Lem provide an excellent opportunity to attempt to describe the history and define the significance of Polish fantasy literature on such a background. The anniversary of the birth of the author of “The Invincible” allows for a renewed discussion on the meaning and extent of his presence in the writing and reading consciousness. What has changed since the first similar summaries that began appearing in the 1980s? The question asked at the time was “who would replace Lem?” This question is also asked today, but is it still valid and relevant?
We invite you to contribute to the thematic issue of “Bibliotekarz Podlaski”. You may consider the following themes:
- Stanisław Lem’s works and the forms of their (non-)presence in contemporary literature and culture;
- fiction in historical and literary terms (from changes in poetics to the problems of literary generations);
- thematic areas of Polish fiction literature;
- fiction in the light of social and political circumstances (including the significance of the turn of 1989);
- publishing realm (publishing houses, publishing series, magazines, editors, translators);
- censorship against Polish fiction literature;
- sociology of fiction (e.g. fandom, writer-reader community, literary groups, awards);
- fiction books and magazines vs. other media;
- science fiction versus other subgenres of literary fiction: fantasy, horror, New Weird, bizarro fiction
- science fiction and mainstream fiction (e.g. domestic slipstream);
- birth and development of critical (not only academic) reflection on fiction in Poland;
- Polish fiction in comparative approach; against the world background;
- Polish vs. Central and Eastern European fiction;
- forgotten and unfinished projects of Polish fiction.
“Bibliotekarz Podlaski” is a scientific, scored journal – 20 points according to the current list of the Minister of Education and Science; a beneficiary of the MNiSW ministerial programme “Support for scientific journals” in 2019-2020. The 2019 Index Copernicus International value for “Bibliotekarz Podlaski” is: ICV 71.46. In March 2021 we plan to apply to the SCOPUS database, which, if the application procedure is successful, will provide an additional benefit to authors publishing with our house.
Please submit your papers not later than 30 June 2021. On an earlier date, until 30 May 2021, please send us your declaration of participation in this project and a draft version of the subject.
Information about the editorial requirements and additional elements for articles submitted to “Bibliotekarz Podlaski” can be found on our website:
Please send your application to one of the following e-mail addresses:
- or via the website of “Bibliotekarz Podlaski” (OJS):
Dr hab. Mariusz Leś Dr Łukasz Zabielski
Faculty of Philology Editor-in-chief of
University of Bialystok „Bibliotekarz Podlaski”